There’s not going to be an actual post this week, as I’m up to my neck in deadline.
I also discovered that, last week, search terms used to reach this site included ‘lazerdisk-sex-party’ and ‘subway pauldron.’
Anyway I do want to leave you with something, so here’s a few things that got my attention this week.
- The Most Hilariously Effective Signs Supporting Gay Marriage.
- Brilliantly Smart-Ass Responses to Well-Meaning Signs.
- Frances Bean Cobain as a baby, and now. I was at film school when her father died, and probably when she was born, so I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t have anything remotely resembling a crush on her, but damn them’s some good genes.
- Jay Kristoff blogs about endings and the price thereof (in fiction) over at Brave New Words.
- The prolific Chuck Wendig holds forth on making exposition your bitch over at terribleminds.
If you haven’t taken a look at any of the content over in the ‘Popular Articles’ section in the sidebar, take a look. Or click on the The Music of Razors graphic to read the first two chapters (or on the leetle ad below this post.)
Inside a month the site should have a whole new look: cleaner, easier to use, everything where you need it. I’m pretty excited about what the people working on it have come up with.
And here’s something my friend James inflicted on me. It’s been stuck in my head all week. For it to really pay off I advise you watch all the way to the end. Hats off to Michael Bolton (there’s a phrase I never thought I’d write.) I never suspected he had this kind of self-effacing piss-takery in him. (A couple of the lyrics aren’t exactly safe-for-work, so you might want to listen through earphones.)